pivot lock for a PGT tilt window.

A professional from PA - Pennsylvania says:
I have PGT windows i Anguilla BWI. They are nine years old. I have found all yhe parts I need to repair the windows which I did buy balances and pivot shoes from your company that worked great. I am having a hard time finding the pivot bars to match what I need. The 26-368 is the closest I can find which if I drill new holes in the bar I believe I can make the pivot bar work. I am going to try to send you a picture of the pivot bar.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-12/12/2019, 10:10:55 AM.png
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. To be honest, I think our 26-040 might work for you. Keep in mind you only need one hole on a pivot bar to align with your old one; so long as the distance between at least one of those holes and the tip that fits into the pivot shoe is the same, it can work for you. Can I see a picture of the pivot shoe the pivot bar fits into? That would further confirm the proper replacement; the flared end may not be necessary. Many thanks.

Thank you Bob for responding. Maybe one of the pivot bars you mentioned would work as I could drill new holes in the pivot bar. Here is the pivot shoe I bought from you and they worked fine replacing the original pivot shoes. The pivot shoe number was D157166 Thanks

Bob; I think I am incorrect about the number for the pivot shoes. I did buy the shoes from you. I will have to find the invoice from you which i can. Hello again Bob; The pivot shoes I bought from you were code number 15-129.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-12/16/2019, 10:07:29 AM.png
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for showing me the pivot shoe; yep, that's definitely our 15-129. I did a little digging and found an old discussion here. Seems like this customer might have had a similar set up to your own. In this case, it seems this old flared pivot bar isn't made anymore, but in this case the 26-368 might work as a replacement. Drilling holes really isn't necessary nor would I think it's advised; if at least one of the holes on this old pivot bar matches the alignment of your old hardware, then I think it should work for you. Take a look and see what you think.

Bob you guys are great! you don't know what a pain these window parts have been with my windows being in a villa that is in the carribean. I am going to take with me the two types of pivot bars mentioned and I to think they will work. Thank you so much for helping me out and your great response time. Stan

Profile picture of Bob

Hi Stan. Thanks for the very kind words! We really appreciate it, and we're always glad to help. Thanks again for using our business, and happy holidays to you and yours.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.