replace coil spring and pivot

A handy person from lafayette Ind says:
need to replace coil spring and pivot on 4 windows. it look like there are 2 springs. i only see single and triple replacements
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6173.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6172.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6175.JPG
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your pivot shoes look like they could be our 15-199 but I cannot confirm with certainty because the view of your parts is obstructed by the window channel. If this shoe is not a match, you'll need to remove it from the window and send photos.

Look over the dimensions and compare them to you existing hardware to confirm that this is the shoe you'll need.

Alternate view of 15-199
Alternate view of 15-199

It also appears your balance cover could be part 15-204. Which would mean that you likely have the Series 165 Coil Balance Spring. I would also be sure to double check the width of your spring to determine that this is the right replacement, it should be 3/8" wide. If it is not please let me know so that I am able to provide better solutions.

Once you have confirmed this is the correct series, you'll need to look for any stamps/marking on the metal coil that will help you determine which spring strength is needed for the window. If there are no stamps/markings or they are hard to read/cross-reference, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of your window. Then you'll take the window weight and divide it by the number of coils in the window to determine the spring strength needed for each coil.

Let me know know if you have any questions.

The spring is 3/8" wide and the pivot shoe dimensions are 1 1/4 x 1 7/16 so 15-199
The window weighed 19 lb (assume 20 lb) so a 10 lb spring for 2 spring system (or do you count four springs per window divided into the 20 Lb which would make them 5 Lb springs.
I also need the bottom window pivots replaced that fit into the shoe. so for 4 windows. what would my order be?
8 each Pivot shoe 15-199
8 each 3/8" coil support 15-204
16 each 5 or 10 Lb springs _____ ?
8 each bottom pivots _____ ?
Does this look correct and what are the part numbers for the last 2 items

For the coils springs, since you have two coils on each side of the window, you would need four coils in the window altogether. This would mean that you'll need to take the window weight and divide it by the four coils. So you'll need the four 5lb Series 165 coils for that one window.

The other windows will depend on the window weight as well as how many coils are in the window.

To recommend the right replacement for pivot bar, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged pivot bar removed from the window.

Pivot bar
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6242[1].JPG

The holes from your pivot bar resemble those on our 26-241, which is compatible with our 15-199 pivot shoe. You'll need to look over the dimensions and compare them to your existing pivot bar to determine if this is the best fit for you.

Alternate image for 26-241
Alternate image for 26-241

If not, I would also review the 26-378 which is slightly different in design but really worth considering as a replacement.

Alternate image for 26-378
Alternate image for 26-378

Look over both of these pivot bars to see which may work best for your window.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.