sears window coil balance

A home owner from San Jose, CA says:
Hi There,
I need coil balance (Sears) for 19 lB Sash, Is your S140-10 right one to use? Please see my photo attached. Thanks a lot!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1226.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

No, you don't want the S140. This looks more like our 15-111 that's designed to use the Series 160 coil springs. For a new coil support, see our 15-150D or 15-150T depending on how many springs are used per side. There should also be a stamped code on the band of your coil spring that will indicate what coil weight you'll need. 

Hi Emily,
Thank you for the reply, I finally took out the old coil balance and found one coil was broken. Please see the photo attached, I only found mark on coil like: PAT5232208 and 610 108 inside pivot shoe. My window sash size is:32"x16"x1.5". Hope this will confirm it is 160 coil.
Thanks you very much!
Andy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1229.JPG
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid those numbers don't tell us what coil weights you need. If you can weigh your sash on a scale and tell me its precise weight, along with the total number of coils per side, I can calculate what weight is needed from there. 

Weight of sash is 20 lB, one coil per side (there is another small coil only attached to pivot shoe but has no connection to coil support)
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks, Andy! It looks like you may have a double coil support like our 15-150D. Since your sash weighs 20 pounds, you can use (1) S160-4 4.5 pound spring and (1) S160-5 5.5 pound spring on both sides of the window which totals 20 pounds of overall support. 

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.