Broken Coil

A home owner from Ohio says:
Hello,

I have a broken coil balance in my window but haven't been able to find the best replacement parts.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7139.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7106.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm very confident we can help you. Before I recommend anything, can you remove the pivot shoe from the window and show me a clear picture of it by itself? Can you also tell me how thick the springs are?

A home owner says:
Here are the pictures of the coil alone. It is 3/8" thick.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F8CFE920-4E5B-4AD7-8F3F-35F36599E1D3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15A20D44-A1CF-467D-9F79-1EFA2EAC218A.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you. That shoe matches our 15-199, which is designed to work with either the 1/2" thick Series 160 or the 3/8" thick Series 165 coil spring. You need to measure the thickness of your spring to determine the best option.

If you also want new covers, then you'll need either the 15-150D, which works with the Series 160, or the 15-204, which works with the Series 165.

A home owner says:
Thank you. For you the covers, going with the 3/8", would it be the 15-204 or the 15-205?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Yes, for the Series 165 Coil Springs, use the 15-204 or 15-205 Supports, depending on how many coils on each side of the sash you need to support. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.