Entrygard Dyad Operator

A home owner from CA says:
Is there any way to adjust the operator?

When you purchase a replacement. Is the handing designated from the inside or the outside of the window?

Thank you
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by adjusting. The link arm lengths on these operators are fixed; if you're not sure these are what you need, please send pictures. Handing differs quite a bit from manufacturer to manufacture; with these operators, the best way to determine which you need is by noting what side of the spline the gears and gear arm are positioned on. For the 39-035, the arm juts out to the left of the spline; on the 39-036, it's to the right of the spline. You'll need to compare with your old hardware to see which you need. 

A home owner from CA says:
The window does not close all the way unless I push it in from the outside. It is 1/2 of a french window. It is 20 years old, so it may have come out of alignment. There is a 1/4" gap, so I cannot lock the window and have it seal properly. I was wondering if there was any way I could adjust the length of the operator, so the window would completely close. In the picture, I have it closed, but you can see higher up on the window that it is not properly sealing. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. I have doubts you're going to be able the Dyad operator for this job. I asked one of my colleagues in customer service, Tim, for his opinion. He has loads of experience installing casement window operators. Tim thinks you might be better off using an operator like our 39-013 or 39-027E along with the 39-533 Track. This would be a more straightforward adaptation. 

We also think you need to move the sash bracket to the left a little; this would explain why the sash won't shut all the way. Dyad sash brackets must be mounted in a precise location relative to the hinge and operator location to operate properly. 

As for the sash lock, Tim thinks the 90-152 might be your best bet; however you'd have to shim out the keeper on the sash frame so that the lock and keeper would meet. Alternatively, you could try mounting the 38-075 Lock to the sill or header, and the keeper on the sash frame. Take a look at these options, and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.