MI single hung window coil balance

A quick learner from Hesperus Colorado says:
Unit is 1 1/4 wide, 9/16 thick, the numbers on the jamb are: 16452367.6 warranty information 350. The unit is about 9 years old.
I need both left and right sides.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1640.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1641.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1642.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. This pivot shoe looks like our 15-199. This shoe is compatible with our Series 160 Coil Spring. Look for stamp numbers on the coil springs that indicate what spring weight you need. If you're uncertain, weigh your window sash; give us that exact weight and we'll work out what you need. If you need a new cover, see our 15-205.

Sorry it took so long. I see numbers that say 5.0 35p
There is another number, but it's worn off and all I can see is part of a number and 08. hope that helps.
Thanks
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. If your coil spring is stamped 5, there's a chance you need the S160-5, which supports 5 lbs of weight individually. If the other spring is missing a stamp though, the best thing to do is to weigh your window sash. Give us that exact weight, and we can calculate what you need. 

I should have mentioned--it's worth measuring the thickness of your coil spring just to be safe. The Series 160 is 1/2" thick; but the Series 165, which is also compatible with your pivot shoe, is 3/8" thick. Best to be certain you don't need the Series 165 instead! Just let us know that thickness, as well as the exact weight of your window sash, and we'll get this going for you. Many thanks. 

The spring width is 3/8 inch and the weight of the window is 19.4 lbs. I will need enough to replace both coil balance units on 2 windows. Might as well replace the egress support
cover as well.
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the reply. OK, it's good we checked that thickness! If your coil springs are 3/8" thick, then you need the Series 165; specifically, if your window weighs 19.4 lbs, then you want (2) of the S165-5 on each side of your window sash (this conforms to the stamp on your original coil spring that designated 5 lbs). If you want new support housing, see our 15-204 Coil Dual Support. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Profile picture of Bob

Awesome! Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for considering our business, we really do appreciate it.

Thanks for your help. I will order items for 2 windows today.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.