Replacing another set of Truth casement operators

Home Owner from Dana Point CA
May 22, 2024 11:52 am
I replaced my c.1985 Truth casement window operators on ten windows last year using 39-014 and 39-013 operators. I now am replacing six on the same brand of windows but they are narrower and have 9 1/2" arms instead of 13 1/2" arms.

I think the same operator with the shorter arm are 39-412 and 39-413. It also looks like they come in bronze but not dark bronze, which is OK as they are in another room. Would you please confirm these are the correct ones to order and if not, what is the correct item number. thank you
3 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 22, 2024 12:49 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out to us! There is a chance that the 39-412 and 39-413 could work to replace your operators with the 9-1/2" arm but you'll need to be sure to review and compare all of the dimensions and designs to be sure. You'll want to be especially sure that your operator arm has an offset arm.

If it doesn't, our 39-027E and 39-028E may be better replacement options to consider for your repairs.

Alternate view of 39-412
Alternate view of 39-412

Home Owner from Dana Point CA
May 22, 2024 7:35 pm
Thank you Jasmine, good call! The current operators do not have an offset up. They do have a slight offset at the base but on the same plane, as do the 39-013 and 39-014.

So I will be ordering the 39-027E and 39-028E. They come in dark bronze, so I will not have to return the handles, just the operators that are too long.

Again thanks for your help!
9 ½ in operator
1 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 23, 2024 8:48 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm happy to help! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other hardware repair projects you might have.

Have a great day!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts