Simonton Spring parts

A home owner from Allentown PA says:
Hello...looking for replacement parts for the attached photos please.I am relatively handy and would like to replace the parts myself. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Slider.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2 spring set.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2 spring set v2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window label.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to us. We can definitely supply the pieces for t his coil balance assembly. To start with, it looks like you have our 15-199 pivot shoe. However, this is compatible with two different size springs: the 1/2" thick Series 160 and the 3/8" thick Series 165. You'll have to measure the thickness of your original spring to confirm the best match. You'll also need the stamp on the old spring to determine the best strength option.

Finally, it also looks like you'll need a new cover. The Series 160 uses the 15-150D double support, while the Series 165 uses the 15-204 double support.

The video below may also be of some help to you.

Thanks Tom. I have measured the spring and found that it is indeed 3/8". I also weighed the window and it appears to be 19.5 lbs. Does that factor in anywhere? One last question for now. Will I need a new pin for the pivot shoe, as mine looks like the attached. Cheers, Ed
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window shoe pin.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spring with marking.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect! I agree, the Series 165 would definitely be the spring you want. Concerning sash weight, I think you would be okay with the 5 pound option, S165-5. It seems the installers of your old springs agreed with me, since they have the same calibration. Four 5 pound springs can hold up a 20 pound sash. That extra half a pound shouldn't make a difference.

Your pivot bars seem to be in good condition so I don't think you need to worry about replacing them.

Fantastic Tom, thank you. Do you folks also sell the replacement glass for these types of windows?
Profile picture of Tom

Unfortunately, we do not. A local glass shop should be able to help you out if you bring them the sash in question. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.