"Single Support"coil system

A home owner from Clermont, FL says:
Need replacement part for "Pivot Shoe" roughly 3.25cm x 2.5cm from an PGT double-hung tilt vinyl window model number DH2360 (48x86).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1a.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1b.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2a.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3a.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3b.png
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

For your pivot shoe, have a look at our 15-199. This can be used with both the Series 160 and Series 165 coil springs. The width of the spring for the Series 165 is 3/8" and for the Series 160 is 1/2". You will need to measure the width of your spring to determine which of the two springs is the better match. Your coil should also have a stmaping or marking on it to determine the spring strength needed. If it does not have such a marking, we will need for you to get back to us with the exact weight of your sash. 

Per the #6.5 stamping on my current coil spring (you can see it in picture attached) I previously purchased a set of:

- Series 160, #6.5 coil balancer
- 15-199 pivot shoe
- 15-150S single support

However, the widths of all of these are smaller than what I am replacing, and ultimately did not work as a result.

My current pivot shoe is ~3/4" width and the 15-199 pivot shoe is only 17/32" width, therefore the window sash arms that sit in the pivot shoe did not reach.
My current coil spring and single support also have ~3/4 width.

So while these seem to be an extremely similar design, the smaller widths is a problem.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2a.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2b.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us with the extra information. This was a huge help! 

So, as you've already learned, none of our current hardware can work for you. The good news is that we did find a good match for your extra thick coil balance system. We can bring in the shoe, support, and the 6.5 pound spring. We just have to have stock made up for you before we can add it to our inventory. Please expect approximately 5 business weeks for manufacturing. We will let you know precisely the moment they're available in our catalog for you to review. 

Did you need any other size coils or supports? We're happy to look into it if you needed a variety of different parts in this style. 

Hello!

I will also need 3/4" coils in weights #7.5, #9, #9.5 (if possible) and #10. I will also need 3/4" double supports.

Thanks very much for your help!
Profile picture of Tom

You got it! We'll work on those sizes, as well. Thank you for confirming and please bear with us just a little longer. Like I said, you'll be the first to know once these are available.

Not a problem. Thanks very much for your assistance thus far.
Profile picture of Tom

Alright! We finally have all the new hardware added online and available to review. Please see our new 15-259 pivot shoe, as well as our S159-7, S159-9, and S159-10 coil springs. Please let me know if you had any questions.

I just ordered a few of these to give the new items a try!

Are you able to make a #6.5 coil in 3/4" as well? I didn't list that one in my last reply, but that was the size I initially had inquired about. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks much!
Profile picture of Tom

We can! That would be the new S159-6. Sorry for overlooking that before. 

Let me know if that's everything. We're more than happy to look into anything else you may need.

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.