coil balances broken

A quick learner from UK says:
Hello, I am from the UK. In our house we have sash window and the bottom sash coils have broken on both sides (the window weight is roughly 26kg/57lb). I understand from my research that the stamp numbers on the metal have to be 2x9 and 1x8 (if i have read this correctly? Please let me know). Do you dispatch to the UK?

Thank you
Rafal
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_2946.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_2947.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_2948.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_2949.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Rafal.

It looks like you have a somewhat older coil balance assembly. We don't carry this exact shoe but our modern 15-199 may work for you. Just make sure to compare dimensions to ensure that it will fit in the same track.

This pivot shoe is designed to be used with our 3/8" thick Series 165 or 1/2" thick Series 160 coil springs, which have a "T" end that locks onto the pivot shoe, instead of a screw. You'll have to measure your old spring to see which one matches up best. If you need a new triple coil support and your springs are 1/2" thick, see the 15-150T. If they're 3/8" thick, see our 15-205 instead.

I'm not sure I understand when you say the stamp numbers on the metal have to be 2x9 and 1x8. The stamp on your coil springs often indicates the weight. 

And yes! We ship worldwide. 

A quick learner from UK says:
Hello,
Thank you for your response and advice! In my problem, I do not want to change the shoe but only the coil balances (series 152 on this site). Which ones would I need for the weight of my window (26kg/57lb)? Thanks again
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

My pleasure! 

I'm just a bit confused. Our Series 152 coil springs are designed to work with the 15-175, 15-177, or 15-158 pivot shoes. These are very different from what you have now. 

The design of your original pivot shoe is a bit different looking than our 15-199 but its not far off from our 1/2" thick Series 160 and 3/8" thick Series 165. You'll need to measure your old springs to see which one matches best. 

If your sash weighs exactly 57 pounds and if your springs are 1/2" thick, you can use two S160-10 10 pound springs and one S160-9 9 pound spring on each side of the window. This would total 58 pounds of overall support; so long as the spring weights are within a pound of your sash's actual weight, this setup should work for you.

Let me know if this makes sense or if you had any questions!

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.