window crank doesn't work

A home owner from Madison CT says:

won't open or close BiltBest casement window. Contractor will install if I get the equipment. Bob

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0311.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0313.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Bob.

We'd be happy to help but we'd like to see a photo of your operator with the window open so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible. That should help us narrow down your replacement options. 

Thank you!

To do that I have to open the window and remove the wood covering the arms. I do not want to do that while it's cold weather. What's your guess as to the part needed?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Judging by the design of your operator's base, you could have any of the following pairs:

I'm afraid it's not possible to narrow it down further without seeing the complete mechanism. Fortunately, we have detailed photos and dimensions on each product's store page that you may use as a reference to pick the best option.

Please note that there may be other possibilities that aren't in our catalog (either because they are obsolete or otherwise unavailable), but the ones I've mentioned what we currently sell so they're a good place to start. Please also note that the left and right handed operators listed here are sold separately.

Thank you. I'm not planning on opening the window imminently. I will have someone come in to remove the wooden stop and will follow up with you then. b
I have exposed the arm of the broken part and it says the part number of the arm is 30841L. Do I also need to identify the handle as well? Do I need to forward a picture of the handle or can do you know which one operates part 30841L? b
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That number is printed on about a hundred different operators made by this manufacturer. It's not a part number or anything, just a code put on one component that they use for many products.

As for the handle, that's very easy. Truth always uses operator handles with an 11/32" spline. They've never used anything else. With that in mind, our 39-114L handle is compatible with each and every last operator that I recommended.

here are some additional pictures now that I've removed the stops to expose the arms. Hopefully, you can now recommend a part number. Thank you. Bob 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0337.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0338.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0342.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you, Bob. Depending on the length of the link arm, it looks like you could have either the 39-031 & 39-032 or the 39-155 & 39-156 operators. Review our dimensions and compare them to yours to see if one of these matches your original assembly. 

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.